Food is such a powerful all enveloping thing. Eating can be undretaken as an experience that draws in all of our five senses, tantalizing or torturing us. I love food (as evidenced by my curvy hips) but I am always looking for ways to eat better. Better food that is better for me? Yep. I'm out to try new recipes, tweak old ones and share the ones that work!

Saturday, April 9, 2011

All for the love of food...

Here's the deal. I love to cook. I love to bake. Most of all I love to eat food that makes me feel good. I also love to be able to zip my pants (which are feeling a bit snug lately.) So, I'm going to explore all things food. My boyfriend is eating wheat free, so I will try gluten free recipes. I am trying to slim down and for that I'll try lighter variations on my favorites. I will also try tweaking recipes I love to make but can rarely afford so that the can be everyday fare in my household. I also (gulp) plan to try things I would NEVER dream of trying on my own, that my friends and family members insist are wonderful even if completely unexpected and odd. I don't promise to like the peanut butter and pickle burger that used to be served in town, but I do promise to try it (a few bites at least.)

My household is full of food lovers and cooks. We have a comercial stove with six gas burners, a grill, and double ovens. We even have one knife who is so dearly loved that "she" has been named the wife. Yes, we have a knife who is the "wife" of one of our resident chefs. We take our food very seriously. I think it should be fun and informative too. So, grab your fork and come along for the ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment