Food is such a powerful all enveloping thing. Eating can be undretaken as an experience that draws in all of our five senses, tantalizing or torturing us. I love food (as evidenced by my curvy hips) but I am always looking for ways to eat better. Better food that is better for me? Yep. I'm out to try new recipes, tweak old ones and share the ones that work!

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Feast of the Middle Ages!

Yes, that's right, it's time for a feast! This is the first "period" event that I am attending and I am going to help serve a feast. I'm very excited, and my dress is all ready to go. We have been preparing food around here for days now. We will have roasted chickens in an artichoke and caper butter sauce. There are beef roasts in a mustard sauce. Baked fruit is one of my favorites and we have apples baked with a spiced barely and fruit filling. The onion pies smelled fabulous baking up, similar to a quice with caramelized onions and lots of tyme. It's a feast so these are just a few of the tasty things that we will have to serve.

We aren't looking for the healthy things today, we are looking for decadence! We even have fabulous rose tarts! There will be pictures to come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment