Food is such a powerful all enveloping thing. Eating can be undretaken as an experience that draws in all of our five senses, tantalizing or torturing us. I love food (as evidenced by my curvy hips) but I am always looking for ways to eat better. Better food that is better for me? Yep. I'm out to try new recipes, tweak old ones and share the ones that work!

Friday, August 24, 2012

Lime and Cumin Aioli

This stuff has some serious kick to it, due to all the fresh garlic, so a little goes a LONG ways. It's great for adding as a topping for burritos, tacos and fajitas, as well as making a yummy sandwich spread. And, no, it doesn't taste anything like mayo when it's finished. (That was always my biggest fear with aioli.)

Lime and Cumin Aioli

1.5 cups regular mayo
1/2 cup lime juice
1/4 cup fresh minced garlic
2 TBSP Cumin
1.5 tsp Black Pepper (fresh ground is best but not necessary)

Mix all ingredients together in small mixing bowl. Transfer to storage container (I use glass jars, saved from other products) and refrigerate for at least 24 hours before using, to allow the flavor to mature.

No comments:

Post a Comment