Food is such a powerful all enveloping thing. Eating can be undretaken as an experience that draws in all of our five senses, tantalizing or torturing us. I love food (as evidenced by my curvy hips) but I am always looking for ways to eat better. Better food that is better for me? Yep. I'm out to try new recipes, tweak old ones and share the ones that work!

Friday, August 24, 2012

Simple Marinara

When I say simple I mean SIMPLE!

1 28 ounce can Crushed Tomatoes
3 TBSP EV Olive Oil
4 Garlic Cloves Minced
3 TBSP Fresh Basil chopped
Salt to taste

Heat olive oil in pan over medium heat. Add garlic and sautee until it starts to turn golden. Next add the tomatoes and simmer for approximately 15 minutes. Stir in basil until it wilts and color becomes vibant. Remove from heat, taste and add salt as needed. Serve immediately

No comments:

Post a Comment